5 Ways To Keep Your Lawn Healthy This Summer
Whether you have a big sprawling backyard or a small front and back yard, keeping it green is not always easy. You’ve got to keep the insects at bay, prevent the weeds from taking over, and most importantly – make sure you’re not throwing out all your hard work with a quick summertime mowing session.
There are lots of small tasks to complete around the house that you don’t take the time to do in the off-season. This article will give you some helpful tips on how to make your lawn look better during this summer season. There are many things that you want to do to help your lawn stay green, but there are also some things that you shouldn’t.
1. Get your Lawn Professionally Trimmed
Keeping your lawn healthy this summer is important for a number of reasons. Not only will your lawn look great, but it will also help to avoid potential damage from summer storms.
If you want to keep your lawn healthy this summer, you should consider getting it professionally trimmed. A professional trim will not only look great, but it will also remove all the unsightly vegetation and leaves.
If you are unable to get your lawn professionally trimmed this summer, you can still make sure that it is healthy by using proper Lawn Mowing techniques. Make sure to mow at a high height setting and avoid cutting too close to the ground.
2. Spray Weed Eater on the lawn to kill the weeds
Keep your lawn healthy this summer by using a weed eater to spray the weeds. This will kill the weeds and prevent them from growing again.
Weed killers are available at most hardware stores, and they are simple to use. Just attach the weed eater to the hose and turn it on to the desired pressure.
Be sure to wear a protective mask and gloves when using a weed eater, as this product can contain dangerous chemicals.
3. Apply a Site-Specific Lawn Care Program
Keeping your lawn healthy this summer requires a site-specific lawn care program. Here are some tips to help you achieve the results you want:
1. Mow your lawn at a height that leaves 1/2 inch of grass on the ground. This will help to prevent erosion and promote better plant growth.
2. Apply a high-quality lawn fertilizer every 3-4 weeks during the spring, summer, and fall. This will help to improve the health of your turf and keep it looking its best.
3. Water your lawn regularly – even in the summer – to prevent drought conditions and help to keep the soil moist.
4. Do not overuse herbicides or pesticides on your lawn, as these can damage the vegetation and leave residues that can be harmful to your Lawn.
5. Maintain healthy soil to keep your grass green and well-nourished. Avoid fertilizing in the fall and winter, as this can burn out the grass.
6. Keep weeds down by either pulling them with the scotch bonnet type hand weeding tool or using a weed eater with a metal blade or metal spikes on it (avoid using these tools on plants that are close to the edges of the lawn).
4. Repair damaged areas with sod or ground cover
One of the best ways to keep your lawn healthy this summer is to repair any damaged areas with sod or ground cover. Sod is a natural grass that grows back quickly and is resistant to pests and diseases.
Ground cover is a mixture of various types of soil that is used to cover damaged areas in the lawn. This type of coverage helps to prevent weed growth, keeps the soil moist, and helps to preserve the lawn’s color.
If you are looking for an affordable way to maintain your lawn this summer, consider installing sod or ground cover. Both options are easy to install and will help to keep your lawn healthy and vibrant over the summer months.
5. Discuss landscaping options with your neighbors
One of the best ways to ensure a healthy lawn this summer is to discuss landscaping options with your neighbors. You can work together to come up with a plan that works best for all of you.
There are a few different landscaping options that you could consider. One option is to hire a professional landscaper. This is a great option if you don’t have any experience in yard care or if you want a more customized look for your lawn.
Another option is to hire a gardener to take care of your lawn for you. This is a great option if you have time constraints or if you want someone to take care of the lawn on a regular basis.
Finally, you can also try some DIY landscaping ideas. This is a great option if you want to save money or if you have limited space. You can create beautiful gardens and landscapes using recycled materials and natural elements.
Call My Neighbor Services to Help!
Lawn care can be a daunting task, but with the help of a professional service like My Neighbor Services, it can be a lot easier. My Neighbor Services is a lawn care company that specializes in providing quality service at an affordable price.
They offer a variety of services, including mowing, edging, weed control, and more. Their team of professionals will take care of everything from start to finish. This way, you can relax and focus on other things while our team takes care of the lawn. So whether you’re looking for quality lawn care or just someone to help out with a busy schedule, My Neighbor Services is a perfect choice.
We are a family-owned lawn and tree care service provider that has been serving all homeowners living in the Collin County area. Not only are we well-read about the different types and use cases of fertilizers, but we also offer quality services at an affordable price.
Call us at (469) 837-2871 and speak to our qualified lawn professionals who have been rendering high-quality home and commercial lawns and gardens since 2005.